TripAdvisor Announces Top 10 Free U.S. Attractions
Spouts on the Strip a Spectacular Sight
Best Gratis Attractions in Europe Also Named
PRNewswire NEWTON, Mass.
NEWTON, Mass., May 22 /PRNewswire/ -- TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel community, today announced the top 10 free attractions in the U.S. and Europe, according to traveler popularity and TripAdvisor editors.
Top 10 Free U.S. Attractions
1. Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas, Nevada
2. Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, Virginia
3. Waimea Canyon, Waimea, Hawaii
4. Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California
5. Angel's Landing, Zion National Park, Utah
6. U.S.S. Arizona Memorial, Honolulu, Hawaii
7. Pacific Coast Highway, Route 1, California
8. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, D.C.
9. Freedom Trail, Boston, Massachusetts
10. Central Park, New York, New York
Top 10 Free European Attractions
1. Pantheon, Rome, Italy
2. National Gallery, London, England
3. Museum of the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, England
4. Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France
5. St. Michael and St. Gudula Cathedral, Brussels, Belgium
6. Duomo - Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Florence, Italy
7. Retiro Park, Madrid, Spain
8. Westminster Abbey, London, England
9. St. Mark's Basilica, Venice, Italy
10. Giant's Causeway, Bushmills, Northern Ireland
"As travelers look for ways to save on their vacation this summer, TripAdvisor has recommended top attractions with a price that appeals to even the most frugal visitors," said Michele Perry, vice president of global communications for TripAdvisor.
About TripAdvisor Media Network
TripAdvisor® Media Network, operated by TripAdvisor, LLC, attracts nearly 30 million monthly visitors* across ten popular travel brands, TripAdvisor®, airfarewatchdog.com™, bookingbuddy.com ™, cruisecritic.com™, holidaywatchdog.com™, independenttraveler.com™, seatguru.com®, smartertravel.com™, travel-library.com™ and travelpod.com™. TripAdvisor-branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 25 million monthly visitors*, six million registered members and 15 million reviews and opinions. Featuring real advice from real travelers, TripAdvisor-branded sites cover 300,000+ hotels and attractions and operate in the U.S. (http://www.tripadvisor.com/), the U.K. (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/), Ireland (http://www.tripadvisor.ie/), France (http://www.tripadvisor.fr/), Germany (http://www.tripadvisor.de/), Italy (http://www.tripadvisor.it/), and Spain (http://www.tripadvisor.es/). TripAdvisor® Media Network provides travel suppliers with graphical advertising opportunities and a cost-per-click marketing platform. Collectively, the sites comprising the TripAdvisor Media Network have won hundreds of awards and accolades from press and industry worldwide. TripAdvisor and the sites comprising the TripAdvisor Media Network are operating companies of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE).
TripAdvisor, SeatGuru, Travel-Library, Holiday Watchdog and TravelPod are either registered trademarks or trademarks of TripAdvisor LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Airfarewatchdog, Booking Buddy and Smarter Travel are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Smarter Travel Media LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Cruise Critic and The Independent Traveler are either trademarks or registered trademarks of The Independent Traveler, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners.
*Source: comScore Media Metrix, Digital Calculator Report, July 2007
CONTACT: Consumer: Brooke Ferencsik, +1-617-670-6575, email@example.com, or Trade/Business: Brian Payea, +1-617-670-6688, firstname.lastname@example.org, both of TripAdvisor