Stayed here for 2 nights in a twin room with ensuite bathroom. Those beds were the most comfortable beds I've ever had in a hostel and i had a very good nights sleep! The guy at the reception was very nice and helpful and gave...เพิ่มเติม
My boyfriend and I spent 2 two months and half in this amazing hostel. We tried Yha and Backpack Oz before, but this one was much better !
Rooms need maybe some new painting, but Gary and James are very nice, always trying to make...เพิ่มเติม
I went alone and I just pick it because it's one of the Nomads world backpackers but I didn't expect to have an amazing 5 days there. All people and staff is so lovely, I made a lot of friends, I travelled with them and...เพิ่มเติม
I had a private room with bathroom here and it was basic, small, dimly lit with leaky taps and thin walls. Bring earplugs if you have noisy neighbours, you'll be hearing everything including the TV show they watch. I guess most of the employees are...เพิ่มเติม
I chose this hostel because of the car park, they offer you to sleep in the car if you want to. Otherwise you got a free parking spot and can take a room as well. It's a very small hostel in a quiet area, but...เพิ่มเติม
I am a teacher of a year 12 Tourism class based in Victor Harbor South Australia.
The class are undertaking an assignment on Backpackers and are trying to research information about a ‘typical’ backpacker.
It would be fantastic if someone could respond to the class’ questions to help them with their assignment.
Assignments (therefore responses) are not published and are for school use only.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
1. What do you think the term ‘backpacker’ means?
2. What is the main country of origin that most backpackers come from to Australia? Is there a reason for this?
3. How long do backpackers generally stay in their destination for? Why do you think this is?
4. What are backpackers motivations for travelling?
5. What do you think most backpackers spend their money on?
6. What do you think young backpackers spend more money on? (e.g food, alcohol, festivals)
7. What do you think older backpackers spend their money on? (e.g food, culture events)
8. What are the main activities backpackers enjoy participating in?
9. Do you believe that backpackers have a positive or negative impact on host communities? Why do you think this is?
Encounter Lutheran College